Up to $32,000 now available from the Federal Government to hire and train eligible employees.
The Australian Government has announced some changes and an extension to the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy.
Your business may be eligible if:
- You hire a new employee as an apprentice or trainee between October 5 2020 now until March 31 2022, and
- The new employee undertakes a Certificate II or higher qualification and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority
How much is available?
- Eligible employers will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the employee’s gross wage paid. Potentially $32000 inclusive of commencement and completion incentives if the trainee completes the qualification.
- The wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter, per eligible Australian Apprentice, for wages paid in the 12-month period from date of commencement or recommencement.
- Available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location.
- Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021.
CHG will be hosting a free webinar that covers all you need to know about the traineeship opportunities available.
Join us online on Wednesday February 9th @ 12pm (NSW time) for more info.
Click here to join our traineeship webinar, use code “CHG” to join.